Telling Moods Through Photography

https://naturephotographers.network/photographing-your-dark-side/

In this article, photographer Antonio Also shares how he uses photography to show his dark moods. As a psychology major this article interests me because it covers how photography can be used to portray moods, personality, and one's psyche. I am particularly interested in personality and would love to bring out my personality in my photos.

Aleo does not often photograph during times when the light is the best. He tries to show the darkness of his soul and of his unconscious life with his photos. He tries to capture anchoring elements in chaotic scenes to achieve this. In addition, he tries to capture photos to express the elements of psychological disorders, such as anxiety and depression. He tries to instill an unpleasant feeling in his photos abut anxiety.

Not all of Aleo's work is about the dark side. He captured one photo in which there was one green tree surrounded by dead trees to signify a hopeful soul. In another, he captured some light coming through a forest of trees to signify that there is light at the end of the tunnel and one needs to be strong enough to go after it. Aleo's work fascinates me and I hope to be able to incorporate psychology into my photography.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making One's Nature Photography More Distinguishable

Final 25